Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

SMOOTHIES

Enough beans already!!!    LOL.   I recently learned that 8 cups of dried beans makes a LOT of beans.  Too many.   It's time for a change.   It's time for fruit and some raw veggies.   But how?   I'm in a "don't feel like cooking" funk at the moment.  What to do?


Fruit Smoothies!
  
There's a bowl of fruit in the fridge from my last trip to the farmer's market.   So, I took my new hand blender, chucked a bunch (not very precise, eh?) of banana, plum, apple, and kiwi into a glass and started to blend away.

Ooops.  Too thick to blend.   Recipes call for milk but I went vegan so that's a no-no.   Well, why not water?   A little water did the trick.  It blended up except for that one chunk of apple that somehow escaped my blade.   Reblend?  nah, I just had a little chewy stowaway that added texture.      Loved it!   Now, all that's left is to see how long before I'm hungry again.   
I wonder what else I can add to my fruit smoothy?   Wheat germ?  Soy yogurt?   oh, how about something crunchy like toaster walnuts or almonds.   I'm going to have to think about that.  Drinking an almond could be problematic.  Maybe as a side item?  Yeah, that should do it.


Veggie Smoothies

A high school buddy recently mentioned his daily fruit and veggie smoothies.   Veggie?   Really?   As long as I don't have to invest in any new blenders I may have to check a few veggie cocktails.  Thanks John.





No comments:

Post a Comment