Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Indian food - WOW! This needs to be explored!

Connie and I dined at Saravanaa Bhavan last night.  She had Poori and Masala Dosa, while I enjoyed some Channa Batura & Samosa

The full menu is only available on weekends so we couldn't get any Naan.  I guess we have to go back.   oh darn  :)


The fried bread isn't something I want to add to my vegan diet but the dips, sauces, and Channa have me curious and excited.   Anyone know of Indian foodie sites with good Channa & sauce recipes?


I think the sauces could be used for almost anything.  How about a dip for raw veggies, or as a steamed veggie topping?  What about soup?  My last soup was on the bland side so one of these might make a great last minute flavor filled addition.  


My new quest!   Make Naan and a few Indian sauces.   Kitchen beware, I'm on my way!






1 comment:

  1. Rani showed us how to make a good Chana masala. Chick peas with the Chana masala spice blend, onion, garlic, tomatoes, and yogurt-but I'm sure you could omit that. I can plan a trip to Jackson Heights to stock up on some Indian (and Thai) spice blends if you'd like. Dahl (red lentils) is another good recipe that I've made. Maybe serve over rice with roasted cauliflower.

    ReplyDelete