Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

OK......I admit it......I'm CONFUSED


I'm convinced, at the moment, that meat, dairy, eggs, etc are no longer for me.

So, I went vegan and started a multi vitamin supplement.  Why a vitamin pill?  Easy, we had some here at the house and I read vegetarian/vegan presents 'issues'.

OK.  I have been reading about which items are not readily available in a VEGAN diet.  Like Omega 3s, B12, etc.    BUT, that got me reading about recommended daily allowances for EVERYTHING.


Now I am trying to figure out how to build a balanced daily menu.  YIKES!!


Someone tell me there is a program out there that will accept your ingredients and calculate totals of each item.


Right now i am using the USDA Nutrient Laboratory data.    It will look up one ingredient at a time and give it back in a text/table format. 

THEN, I'd have to take each set of numbers, enter them into a spreadsheet or database and add them up for each recipe.

Once I have it for the recipe decide how many servings it makes and divide.    HOLY COW!  A lot of work to see IF the meal you'd like to prepare is 'HEALTHY'


THERE HAS TO BE AN EASIER WAY!



1 comment:

  1. I am tempted to design a veggie and fruit smoothie that contains all the daily requirements for EVERYTHING.

    Drink those every day knowing I have them all covered.

    Then I can have one meal where it's purely for the pleasure of eating something I like.

    That's sounding like a plan.

    ReplyDelete